Redtail’s Training Team puts together these “How to Handle” posts in order to make you aware of some of the ways you might use Redtail CRM to assist with processes, events, etc., that are likely to come up for most offices at some point.
This one will focus on best practices in Redtail CRM in terms of dealing with employee departure. For each step in the directions, we’ll provide relevant links from our helpdesk as well as images or gifs in some cases to give you a better idea of what the process looks like within Redtail.
1. To remove access from an ex-employee, change the password and email associated with the Redtail user account.
2. Reassign or delete activities in bulk from the Today page.
3. Remove or replace the departed employee from any teams they were on.
4. Re-assign open workflow tasks to other users.
5. Re-assign tasks in workflow templates to other users.
6. Once you feel comfortable that a full transition has taken place, fully disable the user.
7. Update the Team Notices with any notifications or messages to the office regarding the employee’s departure.
8. Use a Note Template to record the employee’s exit interview.
9. Create a Workflow to ensure consistency in this process in the future.
Download a PDF version of these instructions below.
As always, if you have any questions you can reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.206.5030. We are always happy to help you understand any aspect of Redtail CRM better so that you can better put it to use in your business!