2022 was perhaps the most eventful year in Redtail’s nearly 20 years of operations. In looking back on a year that has certainly inspired reflection on the part of everyone here at Redtail, we have put together a list of 12 highlights from a year that has been full of surprises and successes. We hope you’ll enjoy this look back and perhaps find a bit of Redtail news you may have missed that’s relevant to the ongoing success of your practice. Happy holidays to each of you!
- A brand new version of Redtail Speak was released on January 11th. Bulk texting was added to Speak’s capabilities later in the year, as were merge fields for text personalization and reporting. Additionally, Redtail founder Brian McLaughlin penned a piece for ThinkAdvisor offering some tips for advisors on how to incorporate texting into their practices while adhering to all applicable regulations regarding client communication.
- After a much abbreviated 2020 season and a 2021 season hosted entirely online, Redtail University returned for live sessions around the country throughout 2022, offering up fun, informative events for advisors and their staffs to really dive deep into all the tools Redtail CRM puts at their disposal. And, we couldn’t be more excited about our upcoming 2023 season of Redtail University Live, kicking off in Orlando, FL on February 27th.
- Redtail Technology was honored by American Banker as one of their Best Places to Work in Fintech 2022, named winner of the CRM Solution Provider award in the US categories at the WealthTech Americas Awards 2022, and achieved the #1 market share in the CRM Tools Category and the #3 market share in the Document Management Category in the 2022 T3/Inside Information Advisor Software Survey.
- Redtail Imaging was completely overhauled in 2022, with the new version of our electronic document management solution announced in December of 2022.
- Saved Report Filter functionality was rolled out for Redtail CRM, providing users with much quicker access to the report data they seek out on an ongoing basis.
- Redtail Mobile saw the addition of Note Templates and Follow-up Activities as part of its feature set.
- Plenty of new and/or updated Redtail CRM integrations were announced in 2022, including those with Healthpilot, MyNameFlow, Income Lab, Pulse360, Capitect, Ndex, Quik!, The Perfect RIA (Invictus), TimeLyft, CurrentClient, GReminders, TIFIN Wealth, Atlas Point, Econiq, and Moxo.
- Redtail conducted its annual survey, again in conjunction with students and professors from the Finance program at BYU-Idaho. The survey uncovered some potentially useful results, both for students and financial professionals, and results will be published in the new year. You can see our 2021 survey results here.
- Orion Advisor Solutions acquired Redtail Technology. Of course this was the biggest news of the year for ‘Tailers, and we have embraced our colleagues at Orion as we work together to create raving fans, innovate our platform, disrupt the status quo, and help financial professionals win by realizing their unique vision for success.
- In what we believe was a big win for those subscribing to both Orion Advisor Technology services and to Redtail CRM, we announced the first updates to our integration after the acquisition, bringing Orion Portfolio View accessibility within Redtail CRM. There was more to come in 2022, however, for Orion Portfolio Solutions users, who gained the ability to create a new proposal or open a new account in Orion Portfolio Solutions from within Redtail CRM.
- Redtail announced our new marketing solution for advisors, Redtail Campaigns, a tool geared to help you improve your overall prospect and client experience by allowing you to individually engage with them on the topics most relevant to their current needs.
- In September of 2022, Brian McLaughlin, founder and previously CEO of Redtail Technology, was named President, Orion Advisor Tech. We’re thrilled for Brian and excited about what he’ll do in this new position moving forward. We were also excited in December to see that Financial Planning named Brian to their list of “23 people who will leave a mark on wealth management in 2023“. We are here FOR THAT!
And, here’s to a wonderful 2023 to each of you!